Sunday, November 30, 2008

Enough about me. Current gear.

I've owned vehicles from most of the major brands . When I got back into off-road the choices were few - Associated or Losi. We were runing stock buggy class only and I found a good deal on a used B4 with some Factory Team parts. Very different from my last RC10; a world's kit in the mid 90s. I've run this for the last 2 years and can count the parts I've broken on one hand. Most of the parts I have broken have come in the last month running at Farmer's. Mod buggy speeds and ABS pipes marking the layout = broken parts.

My current B4 configuration:
Radio: Spektrum DX3-R with SR3000 receiver
Servo: Airtronics ????
Speed Control: Speed Passion Exige
Motor: Speed Passion M-Chassis
Battery: Team Orion Carbon 3200
Base setup

During my first race night at Farmer's I got tired of waiting around for my next race and it became clear that 2wd buggy may not be the best attended class on a regular basis. I always enjoyed running trucks and had a fair bit of success at that. So I went looking for an XXXT-CR. Opportunity knocked and plans changed when a local racer selling a well maintained Factory Team T4 appeared. The fact that some parts are interchangable with my B4 was also attractive. My first race out with the T4 was fantastic - once I re-learned driving that is. Winning the A was icing on the cake.

My current T4 configuration:
Radio: Spektrum DX3-R with SR3500 micro receiver
Servo: Futaba 9550
Speed Control: LRP Sphere (original)
Motor: Hacker 13.5
Battery: Trakpower 4900
Base setup

The Spektrum DX3-R and Speed Passion Exige Brushless systems are new items for me over in the last month. I will be posting my thoughts on each of these and trying some other new products as well in the coming months.

No comments: